SailTime Racing offers members a unique racing and cruising experience
Our Racing Memberships provides a combination of Twilight racing, Inshore and Ocean races and Midweek Cruising
For those of you who want to experience the thrill of inshore and ocean yacht racing then why not sign up with SailTime Racing and experience crewing on board our race proven Beneteau 44.7 “Swift” based out of RPAYC, Newport, Pittwater.
“Swift” (previously known as Quatre Quart) is without doubt one of the best equipped 44.7 in Sydney. She has undergone many upgrades and is maintained to the highest racing standard.
Yacht Racing Memberships
SailTime Racing membership is surprisingly affordable and we will only have a maximum of 10 crew spots at any time.
We will be competing in the following race program subject to availability of crew:
- RPAYC Saturday racing including the Short Offshore Point scoring series
- RPAYC Wednesday racing
- RPAYC Thursday Twilights
- Sydney Harbour Regatta
And don’t worry if you are new to sailing and yacht racing, we can soon get you up to speed through our RYA sailing school (where you enjoy a 10% discount) or through our regular crew training sessions.
We will also be campaigning in a number of the major east coast yachting events and existing SailTime Racing members will enjoy a 25% discount on all SailTime Racing offshore events.
SailTimes Racing members, once signed off as skipper, also enjoy as part of their membership, 4 mid-week Sailtimes per quarter – 16 per year.
When she is not racing “Swift” is an ideal cruising boat with spacious cockpit, full gallery, fridge plus freezer, 2 burner stove plus oven, 3 spacious double cabins and two heads, Fusion 4 x speaker Stereo/CD + i-Pod Dock, bimini, dodger, boom tent and custom trimmings throughout.
Plus all SailTime Racing members will have access to SailTIme Plus.
“Swift” is fully race prepared:
- Keel and Rudder have been faired to Farr templates
- Offshore Navigation Computer with EXPEDITION & C Map software via a Next G modem fully integrated with Raymarine ST60 instruments
- Carbon Spinnaker Pole
- Upgraded Harken winches with electric cabin top winch
- Upgraded WhaleSpar Boom with re-inforced Vang take off
- Hydraulic Backstay cockpit controlled
- Harken Twin Genoa Car System.
For racing she has a full complement of Ian Short and North’s racing sails:
- Genoa- Ian Short Carbon 2009 Light
- Genoa- Ian Short Carbon 2010 M/H
- Genoa -Ian Short Carbon 2009 #2
- Genoa -Norths Kevlar 2005 #1 furling
- Genoa -Norths Kevlar 2005 #3
- Genoa- Norths Spectra 2005 #4
- Main Sail -Ian Short Carbon 2010 Racing
- Spinnaker -Norths 2005 MH S3
- Spinnaker -Norths 2005 7/8ths A3
- Spinnaker -Ian Short 2009 MH 0.6 oz S2
Plus full instrumentation
- Raymarine ST 60-Wind,Speed,Depth
- Autopilot- Raymarine ST6000 fully integrated
- GPS Chartplotter: Raymarine C120
- Handheld GPS, HF Radio, VHF Radio, Plus hand helf VHF
- 3 x Maxiview Jumbo displays at mast, plus ST60 graphic and ST60 Analog wind 360+close hauled in cockpit
- Offshore Navigation 1 x EPS270 computer,160gb HD & Windows XP, loaded with EXPEDITION software & C Map Charts. Pluis Panasonic CF-08 Toughbook with CF-08 Docking station cockpit mountable
Plus Category 2 safety gear
Currently we are looking to enter the following races*
- Pittwater/ Newcastle- Port Stephens
- Port Stephens regatta
- Pittwater to Coffs harbour race
- Southport race
- Airlie beach race
- Hamilton island race week
- Sydney harbour Audi regatta
*Additional cost per race
You will also be able to participate in a number of social sailing activities Sail days, twilight racing, cruises and local regattas. Throughout the year together with our yacht partner, Beneteau ,we enter a yacht into various regattas sailed at a variety of locations including Sydney Harbour and Pittwater.
SailTime PLUS Exclusive Membership
SailTime PLUS Opens Up A World Of Possibility For SailTime Members And Yacht Owners!
Thorough our unique SailTime Plus program you can access any of the 100+ boats at our 40+ bases worldwide throughout North America, UK and Australia.
As a SailTime member or Owner-member for a one off joining fee of $350 you can enjoy membership to SailTime PLUS so that in addition to sailing on your boat in your local waters you can also sail, subject to availability, sailing at our 40+ other bases.
SailTime PLUS makes reserving a boat at another SailTime cost effective. You can reserve a boat for a few hours or a couple of days, subject to availability, at the time of booking.
SailTime PLUS enables you to cruise the world for a lot less than the cost of chartering and you can rest assured you will get the great service you are accustomed to at your home location whenever you visit another SailTime base.
Also, chances are you will be familiar with the boat, the systems and thorough check on/off process as it’s the same as you already use.
Pricing for SailTime PLUS is simple a one off joining fee of $350 plus a small additional fee calculated based upon a boat reservation fee per location ( often zero) and the length of time you wish to sail the boat , plus if this is your first visit to the location a fee to cover a local waters orientation session.
SailTime PLUS also applies locally in Australia and provides SailTime Racing members even more opportunities to get on the water sailing other vessels in local destinations.